terms + conditions
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual.
molo is committed to protecting personal information and is accountable for its collection, use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with applicable privacy legislation.
nature of information
molo collects personal information from you and from interactions with you. The personal information molo collects includes your name, address, email address and telephone number. If you choose to make a purchase, molo collects credit card or other payment information. molo may collect other information relevant to our providing our products or services to you, such as information about your needs and preferences.
If you engage with molo via social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook, molo may record details of these interactions, and collect certain information such as your name and/or username.
molo also collects certain information automatically when you visit our sites. Please see the cookies section below.
our purposes for collecting personal information
molo uses personal information to:
- understand and respond to your needs and preferences, including recommending particular products and services to meet your needs;
- develop, market, sell or otherwise provide our products and services;
- provide you with information about molo and our products and services;
- establish and maintain a commercial relationship with you, including to establish your identity, administer accounts and trade discounts, collect and process payments, and to fulfill contractual obligations;
- provide ongoing service to you;
- develop, manage and improve our products, business and operations;
- protect molo from error, breach of contract, negligence, fraud and illegal activity;
- engage in a business transaction, including a purchase, sale, lease, licence, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization, financing or other business transaction involving molo or a part of our business; and
- comply with legal or regulatory requirements or provisions.
sharing of personal information
molo discloses personal information to:
- service providers retained by molo to perform functions on our behalf, such as information technology, data hosting, analytics, payment processing and shipping
- third parties in connection with a business transaction such as a purchase, sale, lease, licence, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing of molo or a part of our business; or
- third parties where you consent to the disclosure or where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
storing of personal information
Your personal information is stored either at our premises or on our servers or the premises or servers of our service providers. molo retains your personal information in accordance with our record retention policies. Our record retention periods are established taking into account requirements of privacy laws, the purposes for which the information was collected, legal and regulatory requirements to retain the information for minimum periods, limitation periods for taking legal action, and our business needs.
other sites and social media
molo takes steps to protect your personal information in our custody and control from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and alteration by using reasonable physical, organizational and technological security measures. Our authorized employees, representatives and agents will have access your personal information as necessary for the purposes described in this policy. To the extent molo has arrangements with service providers to store or process personal information on our behalf, our policy is to require them to by contractual or other means to provide comparable protection while the information is stored or processed by them. Please note that some of our service providers are located outside of Canada, including the United States, and as a result personal information may be transferred to these jurisdictions. Where required by applicable law, we will enter into additional contractual arrangements with these service providers to permit the transfer.
legal basis for processing
We process personal information with consent except where otherwise permitted or required by law. For example, we may be permitted to collect, use or disclose personal information without consent in order to collect a debt owed to us or to comply with a subpoena or court order. Your consent may be express or implied, depending on the circumstances.
Where the law of the European Union applies, we rely on one of the following legal grounds (as appropriate) to process personal information:
1. To enter and perform a contract with you or to perform any steps you require from us before entering into a contract.
2. To pursue our legitimate business interests in establishing, managing or concluding our business relationship with you.
3. Where you have specifically consented to us processing your personal information.
4. To comply with our legal obligations and establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Where personal information is processed with consent, you may (subject to contractual and legal restrictions) refuse to provide your consent, or choose to withdraw your consent, to our processing of your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that if you refuse to consent, or withdraw your consent, to certain processing of your personal information, we may not be able to provide certain of our services.
You may request access to, or correction of, your personal information in our custody or control by written request to the address below.
You may also have the right, in specified circumstances, to object to our use of your personal information, to request the deletion of your personal information or restrict its use, to request a copy of the information you have provided to us to use for your own purposes, or to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
If you have any questions about these rights, or you would like to exercise any of them, or if you have any questions about our personal information handling practices generally, please contact us as described below.
molo design ltd.
1470 Venables Street
Canada V5L 2G7
changes to this policy